Oh, Dearest Mother, Sweetest Virgin of Altagracia, our Patroness. You are our Advocate and to you we recommend our needs. You are our Teacher and like disciples we come to learn from the example of your holy life. You are our Mother, and like children, we come to offer you all of the love of our hearts. Receive, dearest Mother, our offerings and listen attentively to our supplications. Amen.

Active Topics || Favorites || Member List || Search || About Us || Help || Register || Login
Domestic Church
 4Real Forums : Domestic Church
Subject Topic: Moira’s 3-6 album - quick questions Post ReplyPost New Topic
Author
Message << Prev Topic | Next Topic >>
PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Online Status: Offline
Posted: Aug 21 2007 at 4:00pm | IP Logged Quote PDyer

I am determined to do more presentations this year as my daughter has responded well to the few presentations I have managed to pull together so far. I've had the 3-6 and 6-9 albums for two years!

I pulled the 3-6 album out today and realized the creation story presentation would coordinate beautifully with the first couple of lessons of 106 Days of Creation, the resource we're using for science this year.   However, Moira places the creation presentation last in the album. Is there any reason why I shouldn't give this presentation 'out of order'? I couldn't see any obvious reason in the album itself, but I admit I have much to learn about CGS.

If I decide to go ahead, I will need to get supplies and I have a couple of practical questions about putting the materials together:

1. the plans call for a 'sky dome' to be cut from felt, but no color is specified for this part in the album, unlike the other parts. I imagine the 'sky dome' would be blue, of course; however, the 'star band arch' is specified as light blue already. Should I use the same blue for both the sky dome and the star band arch? Would it be better to find another shade of blue to set them off from each other? Blue felt everywhere...light blue for the star band arch, medium blue for the sky dome, dark blue for the waters...

2. If I'm reading this correctly, the vegetation strip is a layered piece starting with the light green felt 'vegetation strip', upon which the trees and plants and flowers have been sewn or glued or otherwise secured, and that combination is then overlaid with the dark green felt 'grass for vegetation strip'. Yes?

Many thanks from this craft impaired momma!

Back to Top View PDyer's Profile Search for other posts by PDyer Visit PDyer's Homepage

happymama
Forum Pro
Forum Pro

Posted: Aug 21 2007 at 5:00pm | IP Logged Quote happymama

i've been meaning to post pics of my creation materials, so your questions prompted me to get that done!

I improvise by necessity, as you'll see if you click on the pics. :)

See here.
Back to Top View happymama's Profile Search for other posts by happymama

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 21 2007 at 5:22pm | IP Logged Quote PDyer

A visual! How wonderful! Thank you so much for taking the time to write that post.

I will be improvising as well; I'm planning to use some of our zoo toob animals, felt sea creatures from a toy we already own and wooden doll bodies for Adam and Eve.   

Off to the craft store tonight!

Back to Top View PDyer's Profile Search for other posts by PDyer Visit PDyer's Homepage

CatholicMommy
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 24 2007 at 12:58pm | IP Logged Quote CatholicMommy

PDyer wrote:
Is there any reason why I shouldn't give this presentation 'out of order'? I couldn't see any obvious reason in the album itself, but I admit I have much to learn about CGS.

Unless the presentation itself builds on another one (ie eucharistic presence builds on the original good shepherd presentations) or is obviously not going to be understood by a too-young child, the presentations can be done in any order, really. I would say that creation would be fine to do at any time.

Have fun!
Back to Top View CatholicMommy's Profile Search for other posts by CatholicMommy Visit CatholicMommy's Homepage

PDyer
Forum All-Star
Forum All-Star

Posted: Aug 24 2007 at 1:43pm | IP Logged Quote PDyer

Reporting back: Once I got past the logistics of it all this went together quite quickly.    My daughter helped me shop and wanted to help paint the stars and the heart for Adam and Eve, so she's had a hand in it as well. She is SO excited, and so I am. I hope this success will have me 'over the hump', but if not I'll be back with more questions.      Thanks!

If you wish to post a reply to this topic you must first login
If you are not already registered you must first register

[Add this topic to My Favorites] Post ReplyPost New Topic
Printable version Printable version